Thursday, December 25, 2008

Cyclocross Race Reports

Photos of NEBC at our local races

Cyclocross is riding a bike around tight turns, on the side of a hill, in mud. Scary!! Also getting off your bike to run over barriers and then getting back on (Ed: think steeplechase for bikes). I fell down more in one season of cyclocross than I had fallen on my road bike EVER. I found bruises after the races and didn't know how they got there. By the end of the season, I had figured out how to stay on the bike so I'll declare success. Next year, I'll work on riding fast.

I was excited about cross because Patrick was showing an interest in the bicycle again. After Green Mountain, he had enough with supporting/spectating and wanted to ride himself. He spent a month getting a cyclocross bike together. I already had a cross bike - my Lemond I had ridden in Puerto Rico and which has since become a commuting warrior.

I had an agreement with Patrick to stick to races within 1-1/2 hours from our apartment. Off to the local races.

Amesbury- my first cross race

Sucker Brook

Bedford

Gloucester

Canton

MRC

Lowell

10 total cross races for me and then the ice and sub freezing temps arrived. No more racing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment