Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What a joy!

First ride on the studded tires this winter. Stepped into my boots this morning to find that in my rush to catch the start of the elite women's cross national race on the internet Sunday - I'd pulled the boots off wet and neglected to dry them. Chilly toes to and from work today.

Riding home in spitting snow in the dark was a bit of a mental chore. I'm finding a new deep appreciation for Christmas lights this year as a positive aspect of riding in the dark. If only they lasted through Feb.!

Thank goodness for the pick-me-up today when I read the new issue of Bicycling Magazine!

A full glossy page was devoted to a portrait of Julie Lockhart from our own NEBC. On top of another master's national cross championship - what a treat for Julie!

Another long article for the issue featured William Medina's Vuelta in Puerto Rico. Great article that made Patrick and I laugh remembering our Vuelta two years ago. I'm happy to see how successful William's Vuelta has been the past few years. The event is bringing enjoyment to so many people!

And two cycle / recycle calendars arrived today with photos of people world wide using their bicycles for transport. Order yours today.

No comments:

Post a Comment