Saturday, June 16, 2012

Bicycle Race

Most unusual sight at the Sunapee Road Race today.  I passed a rider with only one leg.  That man has a remarkable attitude to enter a cycling race.  I think that the bicycle may be very special to him because I think that he can move around more smoothly on a bicycle than by hopping.  Unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to discuss his motives for entering the race with him, although I am very interested. 

Also, I saw Susanne at the race today and she looks great.  I'm happy to see that she is back riding her bicycle as well. 

In general, turnout at the race today was quite low.  16 ladies in the Pro, 1,2,3 field.  I appreciate the promoter having the race for us.  Last weekend I drove 2.5 hours to Connecticut to find that the promoter had cancelled the Pro,1,2 race at the Nutmeg Crit on the day of the race because of low numbers of preregistered ladies.  I arrived a half hour before the men's race and missed the chance to jump into my kit and jump into the men's race - so I went back home bummed out about waste of lovely day in the car.

Today was a great day for a bike race.  This one left me motivated to improve my fitness.  My long hours at work combined with laziness has left me in sluggy condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment