Saturday, August 3, 2013

Miracles on Bicycles

What a joy it is to ride my bicycle to and from work, especially this summer of orange sunsets and songbirds.  I checked on the herons weekly and it looks like now they have gone, no more babies in the nest.  Yesterday I had the good fortune to meet an interesting man while cycling home.  This is the type of thing that doesn't happen in the car.  Seems like the only way you meet people then is by crashing into them, and really they aren't too interested to chat.  The man that I met seemed like a bicycle lover with the enthusiasm of youth and dreams that could take him amazing places.  He described a trip to Orlando by bike which involved cycling to a state, finding a map of the state, finding a route through it, finding a new map, etc.  Sounds like a wonderful way to go.  I imagine myself zigzagging through our country to see one amazing piece of geography after another using this method of route finding.

Loved this post by my friend on the anxiety of group riding.  I agree that once you accept you can be dropped, there's not much to be afraid of.  http://fitisafeministissue.wordpress.com/2013/08/02/facing-fears-of-the-group-ride-one-cyclists-saga-guest-post/

Decided to steal a photo from Facebook today to illustrate sense of possibility of summertime.

From Michele Archambault, a woman I met through NEBC.  

No comments:

Post a Comment