Friday, December 27, 2013

Red and Yellow Plastic Men in Snow

North Andover, MA

Spotted a variety of items on the curb post Christmas this morning.   These teams of plastic men in formation on a table with legs removed brought the thoughts back to my family's beloved wooden 
 foosball table.  Hopefully, it has not come to such an ignominious end. 

 Once I came past the North Andover Green, my eyes were drawn to the wreaths on many, actually most, of the homes along my commute route.  There was a tremendous number of them and I regretted not counting them along the ride.  I did count about 20 at the intersection in downtown Andover, including reflections in windows, and I counted over 50 wreaths from the intersection to 1 mile further along my route.  I had so much looking for the wreaths that it was the most joyful commute I've ever had. 

Andover, MA
house of many wreaths

Boxford, MA
classic colonial on the return trip

No comments:

Post a Comment