Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sergio's Grove



Andover, MA


I find this place interesting because it challenges my ideas about land use.  The town of Andover has put up a sign here at a little parking area and posted a trail map which includes campsites.  This is a small area which is bordered by an interstate and industrial development.  In addition to the trail map, there is a very detailed sign about the dangers of ticks here, and a warning about bow hunting.   I can’t imagine who would camp here.  When I saw the camping sign, I started to consider camping here as part of this project in local exploration.  Patrick suggested that it looks like a place homeless people would camp and has advised that I am not to camp there alone.

To wrap this up, I googled Serio’s Grove – and found this article of the exact type of bad behavior which Patrick speculated was going on back there.  Which leads me to conclude that instead of challenging my ideas about land use I now will let this news article feed my stereotypes.

http://www.eagletribune.com/latestnews/x585464505/Bad-trip


No comments:

Post a Comment