Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cycling in June

Enjoyed cycling in June almost every day. The highlight was a trip to Liberty Cup in Philly. MVP Health team was generous to allow me to join them for this race. I really enjoyed meeting their team members and hearing about their experiences as female cyclists.

It was a great challenge and thrill for me to race with so many great riders on a very tough course. I had some trouble putting myself in a good position at the base of the climb. On the first time up, someone fell over in front on me and I couldn't clip back in so had to make it up part of the top section with only my right leg. I was able to stay in the field for all of the climbs, but sadly was gapped coming down the through the turns on the last lap. This was frustrating because I know that this was due to poor skills cornering and likely not pushing myself hard enough mentally to carry speed through the turns. I need to bring my skills up a notch to complete at the national level.

Also headed down to Connecticut for some fun riding the Houstonic Hills with local ladies. After the race, Patrick and I chilled out at a state park. That is a very nice area which I think has a lot of potential for future riding / exploring. Plenty of hills there!

No comments:

Post a Comment