Sunday, May 4, 2014

Shape of Backyard Trees and Clouds

West Boxford, MA

Went on a trip today to Amherst, Ma and had some lovely views.  Can't wait to go back for exploring there.  I was too preoccupied to take pictures; a shame as there is plenty to see there.  This is not the way I wanted the weekend to go.  Patrick and I were sick the better part of the night with food poisoning which we attribute to me forgetting to cook the fiddleheads properly.  After less than 3 hours of good sleep I forced down some breakfast and made the drive to Amherst alone for the Seven Sisters running race.  Started the race with the top of head coming off feeling usually reserved for the end of a long adventure.  Up and down a rough path.  After 4 miles I started coming together and really enjoying the day.  Unfortunately that was short lived.  Nearly to the halfway point I stumbled and felt intense pain in my hamstring, the attachment tendons and hamstring has been bothering me all year.  Running has been minimal and I had done scant training the past month due to a cold.  The one day I did get out for a long run 2 weeks ago, I had a similar but less severe problem with the hamstring and had a long walk back to the car after I was unable to finish the run.  Seems like this was a turning point for that injury- really cannot ignore it.  I was able to get a ride back to my car prior to getting hypothermia although I was starting to think it might go either way. 

Returned to a sick Patrick and frustration about a lovely afternoon spent inside.  I hope that today was a turning point for me, in healing the leg and getting stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment