Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sky Over Plum Island

Newburyport, MA



Newbury, MA

This picture of the field with dandelions was the closest I have come to getting into trouble taking pictures for this project.  One my ride home from Plum Island, I decided to take the beast off road to explore a park in Newbury.  We went through a field and on some hiking trails, then came out on a dirt road which I took in the direction of from whence I can come to get back on the paved road towards home.  This field of dandelions caught my eye, perhaps because the road I was trying to get to is on the other side of it.  When I was pulling my camera out to take this picture, I heard a rustling in the woods behind me which I assumed was a deer.  After clicking the shutter, I looked back to see a large black animal in the trees, so large in fact that it took me a moment to realize that it wasn't wild.  It was a beast of a rottweiler, heading towards me.  Before I could get on my bike, it had crossed the road to pace menacingly at the entrance to the field and had been joined by a second equally massive partner.  To avoid approaching the dogs, I tried to ride across the field, which was soft.  Then I yelled at the dogs which did get the attention of the owner who called them back across the road where the dogs then paced in the woods watching me ride out of there.  I don't think I'll visit this field again.

No comments:

Post a Comment