Friday, November 15, 2013

Backyard moon

 This is the little camera's impressions of a moonlit evening in the backyard.  I promise next time I forget to put batteries in the little camera, I'll use a better camera for nighttime when I get home.  Over time I could learn some photography skills.

This week some sad news in my family started to sink in and I felt apart over here on the East Coast.   I could get into it here, or I could walk the dog and celebrate the day.  Suffice to say, it was a time of reflection.

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/182378 is a poem I found this morning which is a good counterpart to my mood.  It's a good winter poem for a bit of time and a cup of tea.

I finished reading Chasing Chaos this week.  Let me know if you want to borrow it.  It's a quick read which I found quite interesting, particularly in how the author comes to terms with her decisions to leave places.  http://www.amazon.com/Chasing-Chaos-Decade-Out-Humanitarian/dp/0770436919

No comments:

Post a Comment