Sunday, November 3, 2013

Wicked Witch of the neighborhood


I have never met the person or people that made this witch from a tire, but if I did I'd thank them for many amusing moments over the past few years.  It seems like every holiday these folks bring out the spray paint and create a lawn decoration featuring the tire motif.  Easter egg baskets and wreath are some of their former creations that come to mind.  Something to laugh at when I'm out on my bike.

Betsy Townsend organized a nice ride for North Shore ladies this morning. Betsy, Anna, and Natalie pulled out the rain gear and winter bikes for a cold drizzle ride.  I had not met Hilary before, but she sure made me laugh.  After about an hour in the drizzle, we had a little discussion concerning the route at an intersection.  Anna was keen to fit in some additional miles but wanted a consensus before committing us to more time in the cold.  Hilary's response was "sure, if it is pretty".  That would have seemed reasonable in June but considering that Hilary was wearing shorts and no rain jacket, I really could not believe that views of foliage were paramount on her mind.  That is a hard core Yankee cyclist!

No comments:

Post a Comment