Thursday, November 21, 2013

yucca


It was a challenging day for nature photography as traveled in the car to a training in Cambridge.   I took a short run on paths in Cambridge and Arlington, but didn't find much of interest back there behind the Pfizer building.  Ok, not true, I did see a person posing in a wonderful red native costume in front of the wetland plant and had I taken my camera - the scene would have been perfect for this.  You never know what you will find behind the Arlington T station.    What it comes down to is I should carry my camera to show you the magical and strange things that are found.

Instead I bring you the lowly yucca from my kitchen.  Mary Swander writes about a meditation on yucca in Out of this World.  That is a book that deserves a winter re-read.

And if you are in the mood for better pictures, you can take a browse through these that Sasha and Anna took on our trip to Provence - text regarding the trip in the Sep blog posts.  

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22984471@N03/sets/72157637905410315/

No comments:

Post a Comment